Project 1612 Submissions
We are currently accepting Project 1612 proposals for the 2018 exhibition season.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- subject line: artist inquiry
- your name, email, and location
- 5-10 images of your work including medium, title, date, and dimensions
- curriculum vitae
- website link
- typed proposal (if applicable)
Project 1612 does provide:
- various tools
- on-site housing
Project 1612 does not provide:
- Project 1612 does not provide:
- travel expense
- shipping costs
Point 1612 Submissions
We accept submissions for Point 1612 on an ongoing basis. This is free and open to any artist willing to make work for the space. Submissions sent by June 1st, 2017 will be given first priority.
Artists will be notified of acceptance via email. Selected artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping costs of the artwork.
Point 1612 is within a 12.5"x13"x16.25" wooden box that resembles the garage structure of Project 1612. Point 1612 exhibitions coincide with the Project 1612 exhibitions. If you are interested in being one of our artists, please send the following to: email@example.com
- subject line: Point 1612 artist inquiry
- your name, email, and website link
- 5 images of your work including title, medium, dimensions, and date
- curriculum vitae
- typed proposal describing what you intend to do in Point 1612 (max 300 word count)
Artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping costs of the artwork
Call for Student Artwork
The Midwest Society for Photographic Education (SPE) and Prairie Rivers Network request submissions for the exhibition Water, to be held at the Peoria Public Library and Project 1612 in Peoria, IL. The exhibition, part of the 2017 Midwest SPE conference and the PRN Wild and Scenic Film Festival, is a collaboration geared to draw attention to contemporary water issues. Artists whose photographic-based or video works address issues of water including, but not limited to, water quality, conservation, pollution, climate change, spatial justice, and ecology, are encouraged to apply. SPE and PRN will award over $500 in prizes and one student will be awarded a solo exhibition at Peoria-based artist-run project space, Project 1612. Project 1612, founded in 2015, brings artists to Peoria for short- term artist residencies.
$15 for 3 works. - Pay with credit card at http://www.spenational.org/shop
Non-members may apply, and if accepted, will have 7 days to become SPE student-level members.
Student artists from the following Midwest states are eligible to apply: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin. Student artists includes any artist currently enrolled in high school, undergraduate or graduate programs.
Submissions will be accepted by email at MWSPE17student@gmail.com. Photographers may submit up to three works. Please size all images to 1400 pixels on the longest side with a resolution of 72 dpi. Submission email should include:
1. an image list with titles corresponding to the attached images, size (print and final frame size required), medium, and date for each of the submissions
2. a brief artist statement (max. 300 words)
3. a screenshot or pdf receipt of entry fee payment submitted on the SPE website at www.spenational.org/shop.
More information on this call for artists can be here.
PDF of the call available here.
- Nov 16, 2016 Project 1612 Film Festival
- Aug 19, 2016 – Aug 30, 2016 Project 1612, A New Exhibition Space for Artists Near and Far
- Apr 7, 2016 – Apr 9, 2016 Midwest Art History Society Annual Conference
- Nov 21, 2015 Back in Illinois (part ONE)...
- Sep 14, 2015 – Oct 14, 2015 Garage Days: The Studio Extension
© 2015-16 Project 1612